EURO FLIGHT TEST has established a Diploma Program in “Certification Flight Test”. The goal is to provide young professionals
- holding a Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent
- holding a CPL/ATPL
- having at least 3 years of professional experience in the aviation industry
with profound engineering expertise in the field of flight test, for fixed wing, rotary wing and unmanned aerial systems. You will learn from test pilot school instructors and industry professionals. Several pre-courses are available.
The program will start 8 JAN 2024. Enrollment deadline is 31 OCT 2023.
The number of students for the initial course is limited to 10.
The diploma program is set up as a blended learning course with online and attendance phases in order to enable the students to continue with their regular jobs. It covers a broad spectrum of fixed wing, rotary wing and unmanned aerial systems flight test topics.
The program will last approx. 12 months including a diploma thesis:
– The first trimester will begin with a 1- week kick-off attendance phase and will mainly cover EASA regulatory framework, flight test management, flight mechanics, propulsion and performance flight test techniques. The trimester will end with a 1-week attendance phase for a trimester review, data acquisition and demo flights and exams.
– The second trimester will focus on flight control systems, handling qualities testing, flight test instrumentation and modelling & simulation . This trimester will end with a 2-weeks attendance phase covering a brief semester review, exams and basic data acquisition and demo test flights.
– The third trimester is an engineering deep dive into aircraft system safety, systems testing and UAV testing. This trimester will end with a 2-4 weeks attendance phase covering a brief trimester review, exams, data acquisition and demo test flights, diploma thesis test flights and diploma thesis presentation.
Attendance phases will take place at EURO FLIGHT TEST facilities in Winningen, where the inflight training will be performed. The training includes a total of 15 – 20 data gathering and demo test flights in a variety of aircraft (9 different types) as well as simulator training. Aircraft types to be used:
- Breezer 600 (Single Engine Piston, conventional flight instruments, side-by-side seating)
- Blackshape Prime BS100 (SEP, glass cockpit, tandem seating)
- Cessna C-172 (SEP, high-wing)
- Extra 330 LX (SEP, aerobatic aircraft, tandem seating)
- Diamond DA-42 or similar (Multi Engine Piston)
- Pilatus PC-12 or similar (single engine turbine, flying classroom)
- Robinson R44 (single engine piston, helicopter)
- Bell 206 (single engine turbine, helicopter)
The diploma thesis will be the test & evaluation of an unknown aircraft and includes approx. 4 flights.
The knowledge and skills acquired during the diploma program will be fully credited towards an EASA CAT 2 competence based training course at EFT.
The program price is 40.000 € (47.600 € incl. VAT).
In several countries this training may be eligible for tax returns/deductions. Please ask you tax advisor.
For further information please contact Ms. Christine Keller: diploma[at]euroflighttest.com or call +49 2606 459 0004